Sunday, September 28, 2008

You colour my world

Hello my scrappy friends,

as I write this, I am already 1 year older...I turned 31 the day before yesterday!!! My B-day was okay. Cosy, yet small, in comparison to the Big B-day Bash I had last year ;) Also, this was already the third B-day without my mom. And my brother is still far away with the army, so another family member was missing. But most of my dear friends and relatives were there.

The other day (hmmm, actually, the other week...) I scrapped an LO about hubby and I. The pics were taken in Gent (Belgium) where we were during our last vacation. We ran into an alley covered in graffiti, so I HAD to take pictures! I was afraid to use graffiti-themed paper at first, because I was scared it might take the attention OFF my pics. But the paper I found complements my pics beautifully without overwhelming them. I titled this: "YOU COLOUR MY WORLD".

Take a look if you like:

Also, I had this very fun glamourshoot previous Saturday! It was such a fun concept! We got to go there with a whole group of friends. Unfortunately I only knew 2 persons there: my sis in law and her sister. The rest of the group was made up of friends from friends from my sis in law's sister...But I had fun anyway!

Every one of us got a glamour make-up and we could dress up in 2 of our classiest outfits. At first everyone got a private shoot, and after that we got catwalk lessons. A young woman taught us how to walk the catwalk and how to pose @ the end. We changed into our other outfits and then everyone had to walk the catwalk, applauded by the rest. Such a fun experience, it made me feel feminine. Of all the pictures we could only order 5, of those 5 I am very happy about 3 of them, and less happy with 2. But that's still 3 beautiful pictures!!!

We have a scrap-store in a little town near us (Bentelo), where I go to once in a while. Ofcourse I chat with the woman who runs it, and the other day she told me that she is now working for a Dutch scrap company as well, CreaMotion. She helps design the new papers etc, and she's kind of in charge of the magazine. She said she was looking for people who would like to contribute something, and asked me to send her some pics of my work. If my work was good enough, she would ask me for future magazines, maybe.

So, Thursday, the day before my B-day she sent me an e-mail asking me if I still wanted to make something. DUH, what do you think?! I was asked to make a LO and 2 cards for their scrap-magazine! Honestly, the magazine isn't all that, but who cares? ;) She is going to send me stuff, and I get to make something for free! I also get some compensation, next to having my name and work published in a magazine ofcourse =) I am very curious about the papers and colours, the line is called "Girl Power", so I think it's just my thing...!!! Now I just hope my mojo will be back soon, because I seem to have lost it, somewhere...

And this weekend my friend Monique and I are going to the "Scrap A Fairytale" event in the castle Beukenrode!!! I am soooo looking forward to it!! This weekend a warehouse in our town had a discount on scraptrolleys, so I bought one for myself. :) Thought it would come in handy for such events, and visiting my friends on scrapdates.

In short, I am a happy scrapper =) And I sincerely hope you are too...

*HUGS & KISSES* XOXO

1 comment:

amytangerine said...

birthdays are tough!!
glad you are a happy scrapper :)