Monday, May 26, 2008

Queen of my heart

Lately I have been in a scrap-mood, probably because the hormones are the right ones for sparking my creativity again...:P I can even get bummed when it's beautiful weather outside then, because then it's too hot in the attic and people will think I am crazy for sitting in my stuffy attic creating paper-thingies instead of catching sun.
But, in my defence, our backyard is a MESS! And it has been for 6 months already. I am not exaggerating, really! We just have a huge sandbox where there used to be tiles. :( It sux and I am getting tired of all the sand around the house, but somehow there isn't any progress there. *Sigh*
I rearranged my attic scrap space, but I am not yet content about it. My desk (former dining table actually, but since it was splattered with glue, stains from wine, and the wood was cracked up, I thought it would serve me better...Hehehe...) was waaaay too stuffed, I barely had space to scrap there! It's because I want to keep cute, new and inspirational things near at hand, afraid I am forgetting about them otherwise.
But I stocked most of those things on a huge open shelve-closet. (I have no clue what the word is, sorry...) But it divides my attic in 2 halves now, a dark and light half to be more specific. And if I have friends over to scrap I won't be able to see them, because the picnic-table is on the other side. The dark side. ;) So that's no fun.
But...if I have to move my desk in front of the windows, I have another problem. I have shelves on top of my desk where I have stored several more items. If the desk is to be put in front of the window, I won't be able to use those shelves anymore, I have to take them off I suppose. Otherwise the windows will be cluttered with stuff, thus blocking the much-needed-light. Thus preventing me from opening the windows. It may seem an overrated deal, but I hear fresh air is good for ya. =) So there's some thinking to be done I guess...

My brother was over at my house the other day and he likes the LO I did on our mom. She passed away 2 years ago and I did an LO containing the lyrics of "our" song. "My Immortal", by Evanescence. That is the song that I picked to be played at her funeral, amongst other songs picked by my dad and brother. My brother asked me to make a LO for him, with the lyrics of the song he picked for mom then. "A song for mama", by Boyz II Men. I was honoured he wanted me do that and somehow making that LO came easy to me.
At first I wasn't happy about the endresult, it was like it had to grow on me. Maybe it's because I had to use brown in it, and cream, and I barely use those colors myself. But my brother has brown and cream in his house, so I didn't want it to clash. After a while I got used to it and even didn't want to part with it anymore.
As a title I used a sentence from the lyrics, which I thought to be appropriate. "Queen of my heart". Because I know that, to him, she was all that, and more. He put her on a pedestool. The rest of the lyrics read like they could have been written by my brother himself. His life wasn't easy as well, but she was always there for him, when the world let him down. Magical how someone else's words can express what you can't...

I'll leave you with a few pics of the LO here, wishing you a creative evening, in every thinkable way. Remember, live your dreams, don't dream your life. You never know when your number is up...





5 comments:

Lori said...

The lo is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Nancywithajones said...

LOVE YOur layout that is sooo beautiful!
could you turn your table sideways to the window so like your left or right is facing the window on your side and put your shelves still in front of you?
just a thought. I cant see your attic but just thought that may be a remedy so you can still get that wonderful light...

Chez said...

very elegant LO.....totally love it!

Anonymous said...

Hi! hat a beautiful layout and touching post. I found you via Fauve's blog. I, too lost my mom to cancer 2 years ago. I am also a 30-yr old libra... sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is (like--every day...) pop over by me anytime!
xoxo

Patricia Roebuck said...

This LO is so detailed and gorgeous! Love the color combo, it's soft and a beautiful tribute to your Mom. Your brother is lucky to have you make this for him. I too lost my Mom 3 years ago. I know how much this helps to express yourself through creating and to not forget her.